It’s Tuesday! Which means it’s time for another Top Ten Tuesday post from me. This week, The Broke and the Bookish prompted us to come up with ten unique book titles and for some reason I found it really hard to come up with a good list.
I was about to say that I’m not much of a book title girl, but that’s not actually true. Because after the cover, the book title is probably the first thing that attracts me. Although I have to say, that I hardly ever buy a book just because of a title. In that, I’m more of a cover buyer, I guess. 🙂
But. Long story short. I had a browse through my bookshelves and picked ten titles that are rather long and sound promising to me. 🙂
- 1. A Passionate Love Affair with a Total Stranger by Lucy Robinson
- 2. The Unfinished Symphony of You and Me by Lucy Robinson
- 3. The Greatest Love Story of All Time by Lucy Robinson
- 4. The Day We Disappeared by Lucy Robinson
- 5. a hundred pieces of me by Lucy Dillon
- 6. The Year of Taking Chances by Lucy Diamond
- 7. The Secrets of Happiness by Lucy Diamond
- 8. The Little Shop of Happy Ever After by Jenny Colgan
- 9. Paper Hearts and Summer Kisses by Carole Matthews
- 10. The Sunshine and Biscotti Club by Jenny Oliver
If you have a look at this list, I apparently have a thing for books by Lucys. Or maybe it’s that Lucys just come up with great book titles. 🙂
All in all, I have to say tough, that pretty much all of these books also have lovely covers and are books that I really enjoyed reading. I’m sure it would also be very interesting to go to a bookstore and have a look at what’s there. I’m sure that there are a lot of books I haven’t read yet with very promising titles. Especially the Fantasy genre has a lot of cool book titles, I believe. Bummer really that I hardly ever (more like never) read Fantasy books.
Have you read any of the books from my list? Or would you choose different titles? I’m curious to see what you’d come up with. So why not leave me a little comment with your picks or a link to your blog if you’ve done this weeks’ Top Ten Tuesday as well? 🙂